Search this site for ….
- RT @ToryBusiness: Calling all #entrepreneurs - the competition for @StartUpHubUK 2013 is now open! conservatives.com/startuphub Please RT and sp… 5 days ago
- We’re publishing a draft EU Referendum Bill. You can find out more and pledge your support here conservatives.com/policy/issues/… 6 days ago
- Her Majesty the Queen has spoken at the State Opening of Parliament. The full speech is available here: j.mp/11ibwe6 1 week ago
- RT @GregHands: Still a few hours to vote Conservative if you have local elections. Lower tax, less waste, better services with Conservative… 2 weeks ago
- RT @BrandonLewis: Still time to vote today, in Great Yarmouth please vote Conservative and help us keep our council tax frozen again, Labou… 2 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Lib Dems
Conservative Shapour Meftah has won a seat on the City Council, beating the incumbent Lib Dem councillor by 723 votes to 644. Cllr Meftah, shown here (right) being congratulated by County Council leader Nick Clarke, has lived in Trumpington for … Continue reading
New Conservative Secretary of State for Transport Justine Greening has announced that money will be made available to investigate improvements to the blighted A14 corridor. Progress on the issue has been driven by Conservative-led Cambridgeshire County Council.
Cambridge MP Julian Huppert was asked by Cambridge Conservatives on Monday to apologise for misleading voters on the AV referendum, after he incorrectly claimed that MPs would need more than half of all votes to win under AV.
Cambridge City Council has been caught out paying its staff more than the recommended rate for car mileage at the same time as cutting spending on environmental improvements and other services. The council reimbursed 52p per mile rather than the … Continue reading
A Cambridge PhD student has won a High Court victory over the Lib Dem-run City Council, who had incorrectly charged him for council tax from which students are exempt.
Cambridge Conservatives have welcomed moves by Conservatives in government to open public council meetings to filming by local bloggers. It is hoped that the Lib-Dem run City Council will end its culture of secrecy that led to independent blogger Richard … Continue reading
Cambridge City Council ejected spectators from its public gallery last night during the all-important budget debate, as cuts including the loss of 41 jobs and the controversial moving of the Lion Yard toilets were discussed.