Residents’ SurveyWe want to know which issues YOU think are most important for your family and for Britain. To have your say, please take our residents' survey.
CCCA Chairman TweetsMy Tweets
- RT @matthancockmp: Jobs growth is fastest in the North East - and four fifths of new jobs are outside London. Economic growth leads to jobs… 5 hours ago
- RT @David_Cameron: It's encouraging news that the economy is larger than pre-crash levels. Our Long Term Economic Plan is working & this is… 5 hours ago
- RT @George_Osborne: We owe it to hardworking taxpayers not to repeat the mistakes of the past &instead work through the plan that's deliver… 5 hours ago
- RT @George_Osborne: Economy bigger than previous peak in 2008 but long way to go-the Great Recession was one of deepest of any major econom… 5 hours ago
- RT @George_Osborne: Economy grew by 0.8%. Thanks to the hard work of the British people, today we reach a major milestone in our #LongTermE… 5 hours ago
Tag Archives: Council tax
Conservative Chancellor George Osborne today announced that the freeze in council tax would continue for a second year.
A Cambridge PhD student has won a High Court victory over the Lib Dem-run City Council, who had incorrectly charged him for council tax from which students are exempt.
Yesterday the Conservatives unveiled radical new reforms that will mark an end to the hoarding of power within central government and hand control back to individuals, communities and councils.
I was genuinely sad when Chris Howell chose to stand down as one of our city’s councillors in order to focus on his career (though I fully understand his decision).
We tentatively welcome the news that the city council seems to be coming round to our way of thinking and is planning a council tax freeze for 2011/12.