Residents’ SurveyWe want to know which issues YOU think are most important for your family and for Britain. To have your say, please take our residents' survey.
CCCA Chairman TweetsMy Tweets
- RT @David_Cameron: (4/4) It is only by standing up for these values that we will defeat extremism, protect our way of life and keep all our… 52 minutes ago
- RT @David_Cameron: (3/4) Adhering to British values is not an option or a choice - it is a duty for those who live in these islands. 52 minutes ago
- RT @David_Cameron: (2/4) We are an open, tolerant and free nation. But we cannot stand by and allow our openness to be confused with a tole… 52 minutes ago
- RT @David_Cameron: (1/4) As I made clear in my Commons statement, my first priority as PM is to make sure we do everything possible to keep… 52 minutes ago
- RT @David_Cameron: I'll be updating the House of Commons on how we continue to protect the UK from terrorist attacks at 330pm. 4 hours ago
Tag Archives: Council tax
Conservative Chancellor George Osborne today announced that the freeze in council tax would continue for a second year.
A Cambridge PhD student has won a High Court victory over the Lib Dem-run City Council, who had incorrectly charged him for council tax from which students are exempt.
Yesterday the Conservatives unveiled radical new reforms that will mark an end to the hoarding of power within central government and hand control back to individuals, communities and councils.
I was genuinely sad when Chris Howell chose to stand down as one of our city’s councillors in order to focus on his career (though I fully understand his decision).
We tentatively welcome the news that the city council seems to be coming round to our way of thinking and is planning a council tax freeze for 2011/12.