In the recent general election the Conservatives climbed into 2nd place, leaving Labour languishing in 3rd place and conclusively demolishing the Lib Dems’ assertion that Cambridge was a two-horse race between them and Labour. Now it is the Conservatives who are the main challengers to the Lib Dems here in Cambridge.The conservative vote share rose by nearly 10%, with both Labour and the Lib Dems being punished significantly. Cambridge City is now a true three-way marginal, with more than one in four votes being cast for Conservative candidates in both national and local elections.
Search this site for ….
- Michael Gove has given the green light to 102 more free schools – creating around 50,000 new school places when full j.mp/10lHXCq 2 days ago
- RT @ToryBusiness: Calling all #entrepreneurs - the competition for @StartUpHubUK 2013 is now open! conservatives.com/startuphub Please RT and sp… 1 week ago
- We’re publishing a draft EU Referendum Bill. You can find out more and pledge your support here conservatives.com/policy/issues/… 1 week ago
- Her Majesty the Queen has spoken at the State Opening of Parliament. The full speech is available here: j.mp/11ibwe6 2 weeks ago
- RT @GregHands: Still a few hours to vote Conservative if you have local elections. Lower tax, less waste, better services with Conservative… 3 weeks ago