Search this site for ….
- RT @ToryBusiness: Calling all #entrepreneurs - the competition for @StartUpHubUK 2013 is now open! conservatives.com/startuphub Please RT and sp… 6 days ago
- We’re publishing a draft EU Referendum Bill. You can find out more and pledge your support here conservatives.com/policy/issues/… 1 week ago
- Her Majesty the Queen has spoken at the State Opening of Parliament. The full speech is available here: j.mp/11ibwe6 1 week ago
- RT @GregHands: Still a few hours to vote Conservative if you have local elections. Lower tax, less waste, better services with Conservative… 2 weeks ago
- RT @BrandonLewis: Still time to vote today, in Great Yarmouth please vote Conservative and help us keep our council tax frozen again, Labou… 2 weeks ago
Author Archives: Edward Turnham
Conservative Shapour Meftah has won a seat on the City Council, beating the incumbent Lib Dem councillor by 723 votes to 644. Cllr Meftah, shown here (right) being congratulated by County Council leader Nick Clarke, has lived in Trumpington for … Continue reading
New Conservative Secretary of State for Transport Justine Greening has announced that money will be made available to investigate improvements to the blighted A14 corridor. Progress on the issue has been driven by Conservative-led Cambridgeshire County Council.
Conservative Chancellor George Osborne today announced that the freeze in council tax would continue for a second year.
Conservative minister Theresa Villiers has said she is ‘very impressed’ by Cambridgeshire County Council’s proposal for a new railway station in Chesterton. The Conservative-led council has proposed that it will borrow money to cover the £21 million cost of the … Continue reading
Cambridgeshire’s MPs have written to Education Secretary Michael Gove calling for the county’s children to get a fair deal. Cambridgeshire is 143rd in the league table of 151 local authorities for school funding.
Doctors representing over 7 million patients across the country have written to The Daily Telegraph supporting the Government’s plans to modernise the NHS which “will benefit the most vulnerable in society”.
Cambridge MP Julian Huppert was asked by Cambridge Conservatives on Monday to apologise for misleading voters on the AV referendum, after he incorrectly claimed that MPs would need more than half of all votes to win under AV.